By Kiran KS, Bangalore.
Central Govt released a list of 10 “RSS Terrorists”. Unfortunately for Congress, the list does NOT stand any scrutiny! Read my full analysis:
1) Begun in 1925, RSS is an 87 year old volunteer organization working towards nation building. It’s not something that just popped up yesterday.
2) RSS runs over 1,60,000 charities, 1000s of times more than all political parties of India, combined.
3) RSS has 60,00,000 men and women in its two wings (Women’s wing is a separate organisation known as Rashtra Sevika Samiti, established in 1937). That’s more than 5 times the active strength of Indian army.
4) RSS runs over 50,000 Shakhas DAILY, across India. These are in open grounds and not some secretive camps. Anyone can go watch what they do in a shakha. Nothing is hidden.
Now coming to Congress government’s “RSS terrorists” list:
1) Sunil Joshi – Per government, he was a pracharak till 2003. Government accuses him of Samjhauta and Ajmer attacks.
But, Samjhauta attack was 18 Feb 2007 and Ajmer Darga attack was 11 Oct 2007.
Inference: His name involved in allegations, but was NOT convicted. Moreover, Joshi was gunned down in Dewas. So there’s no concrete evidence to take these allegations in court.
2) Devender Gupta – Arrested blaming him on Ajmer Blast. Not tried, not convicted.
3) Ramji Kalasangra – Blamed for Samjhauta blast. He is not even in any custody. So all allegations are just government words.
4) Sandeep Dange – Pracharak per govt till 2006. Govt accuses him of Samjhauta, Hyderabad and Ajmer attacks.
But, Samjhauta attack was 18 Feb 2007, Mecca Masjid Hyderabad attack was on May 18, 2007 and Ajmer Darga attack was 11 Oct 2007.
Inference: So just name involved. He’s not even arrested. So all just government’s version.
5) Lokesh Sharma – Pracharak per govt till 2002. Accused of Samjhauta and Hyderabad attacks.
But Samjhauta attack was 18 Feb 2007 and Mecca Masjid Hyderabad attack was on May 18, 2007
Inference: Just name involved and arrested. Not convicted. So all just government’s version.
6) Swami Aseemanand – Accused of Samjhauta, Hyderabad and Ajmer attacks.
Per govt, he worked with Vanvasi Kalyan Kendra in Andaman and Nicobar and Dang (Gujarat) from till 2007. Month not given.
But Samjhauta attack was 18 Feb 2007, Mecca Masjid Hyderabad attack was on May 18, 2007 and Ajmer Darga attack was 11 Oct 2007.
Inference: He’s just arrested. So all just government’s version. Also, on 12 May 2011 Aseemanand claimed that his confessional statements were obtained by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) under pressure.
His real name was Jiten Chatterjee, a graduate in physics, he did his post-graduation from the University of Burdwan. His father Bibhutibhushan Sarkar was a freedom fighter. Might have been associated with Congress also when going to jail under British rule. So is the next blame going to be on all freedom fighter families that followed Gandhi, for one accused?
7) Mukesh Vasnani – Per govt – RSS worker in Godhra in 2000. Blamed for Ajmer blast.
But, Ajmer Darga attack was 11 Oct 2007.
Inference: It is just the government’s disconnected version.
8, 9 and 10) Rajendra Chaudhary, Chandrashekhar Leve and Kamal Chauhan are mentioned, but no details released to scrutinize.
Overall, a DESPERATE attempt to malign RSS, a voluntary organization of 60,00,000 plus proud Indians, and crores of their strong supporters, by nit-picking 10 names, but not able to prove conclusively even ONE case.